Re: New sequence in 1.8.1 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: New sequence in 1.8.1
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 14/01/2008, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Andy Shellam wrote:
> > I've noticed a small bug in 1.8.1 on Windows XP (SP2).
> >
> > If I create a new table, and add a new serial column to it before OK'ing
> > the "create table" dialog, the "sequence" drop-down remains disabled for
> > the column.
> >
> > If I create a table, and OK the dialog without any columns in, then go
> > back and modify the table and add a new serial column to it, the
> > "sequence" drop-down is enabled correctly.
> >

> I just had a quick look and you're right. Behaviour is different when
> table is already created. I think we need to fix this so the behavior
> remains consistent. I'm not sure what value has the "<new sequence>"
> text. So should we add this text when we add a serial column at table
> creation time or should we suppress this text ?

Yeah, that box just doesn't work when the dialogue is called from the
table dialogue (even when the control is enabled) - it tries to do
things that just aren't possible given the way the two dialogues
communicate. It also doesn't do anything when changing an existing
column because at that point it thinks the column is an integer column
with a default value.

I'm of half a mind to remove the sequence combo box altogether.

Thoughts?

/D