Re: New sequence in 1.8.1 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: New sequence in 1.8.1
Date
List pgadmin-support
Andy Shellam wrote:
> I've noticed a small bug in 1.8.1 on Windows XP (SP2).
>
> If I create a new table, and add a new serial column to it before OK'ing
> the "create table" dialog, the "sequence" drop-down remains disabled for
> the column.
>
> If I create a table, and OK the dialog without any columns in, then go
> back and modify the table and add a new serial column to it, the
> "sequence" drop-down is enabled correctly.

I just had a quick look and you're right. Behaviour is different when
table is already created. I think we need to fix this so the behavior
remains consistent. I'm not sure what value has the "<new sequence>"
text. So should we add this text when we add a serial column at table
creation time or should we suppress this text ?

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com