Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14199: The pg_ctl status check on server start is not compatible with the silent_mode=on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14199: The pg_ctl status check on server start is not compatible with the silent_mode=on
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] BUG #14199: The pg_ctl status check on server start is not compatible with the silent_mode=on  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 12:51 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What seems like a more conservative answer to me is to revert c869a7d5b
>> in 9.1 only, and address the buildfarm stability issue it sought to
>> resolve by increasing the fixed timeout from 5 seconds to, say, 10.

> +1 for doing that. Knowing that silent_mode will be out of community
> support scope in a couple of months, that's the right answer to this
> bug call.

Done that way.