Re: WARNING: worker took too long to start; cancelled on VACCUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: WARNING: worker took too long to start; cancelled on VACCUM ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1 Dec 2009, at 11:00, <A.Bhattacharya@sungard.com> <A.Bhattacharya@sungard.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am facing the below error when executing "VACCUM ANALYZE" on the
> several tables and also the entire PostgreSQL database hanging up and
> not responding.
>
> WARNING:  worker took too long to start; cancelled
>
> I have disabled my AV and I have the modified the below parameters in

If I recall correctly Windows doesn't have sockets so the connection is made using the loopback device. Maybe the
workerprocess isn't allowed to connect and after a while it times out trying?

If it's not that, there is a good chance that your AV software installed all kinds of hooks that can subtly change the
behaviourof system functions. If that's the case disabling it is not enough, you should try to uninstall it and hope it
removesall the hooks.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4b14f01211735785317057!