WARNING: worker took too long to start; cancelled on VACCUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject WARNING: worker took too long to start; cancelled on VACCUM ANALYZE
Date
Re: WARNING: worker took too long to start; cancelled on VACCUM ANALYZE  (Sam Jas <samjas33@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hi All,

I am facing the below error when executing “VACCUM ANALYZE” on the several tables and also the entire PostgreSQL database hanging up and not responding.

WARNING:  worker took too long to start; cancelled

 I have disabled my AV and I have the modified the below parameters in my postgresql.conf file

  • shared_buffer = 1024MB
  • max_fsm_pages = 409600
  • max_fsm_relations = 5000

I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on windows 32 bit machine.

Any help would be highly appreciated as this is kind of show stopper for me.