Re: Unable to start server - winxp - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Filip Rembiałkowski
Subject Re: Unable to start server - winxp
Date
List pgsql-general
2006/12/22, Joost Kuckartz <jkuckartz1984@hotmail.com>:
> I only have one user account on my winxp (if it's that one
> PostgreSQL is looking at) and I don't want to switch to another user (create
> even one) to start the postgres server.

If you don't want to create another user account (why?),
then you will have to change the account that you are using to
"standard" or "unprivileged" user. Use the power of Control Panel.

I can't understand why you didn't follow the standard installer (MSI
package) way of setting things up.

--
Filip Rembiałkowski