Re: Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
> Tom,
> This is what the firebird guy said:

>>> Serializable is stricter and somehwat unusable in a multi-user, loaded
>>> database, because only one transaction can run at any time.

He's already demonstrated that he has no clue what he's talking about,
so I think you can discount the rest ;-)

Serializability means that the database has to *give the illusion* of
one-at-a-time execution, not that it must actually do things that way.
Certainly we don't do things that way.  See the extensive discussion in
the MVCC chapter of our docs.