Re: simple make check failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: simple make check failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jonathan Scott <jwscott@vanten.com> writes:
> When using the current head of pgsql, I find four errors when running "make check". They are all of the same nature,
basicallythat the expected.out file has "syntax error", where as psql is saying "parse error".

What bison version are you using?  That was a bison change a few revs
back.

I'm actually surprised that CVS tip builds at all with a bison that
predates that change.  We are stressing bison because the grammar
is so large.  You really need bison 1.875 or later.  (I think configure
will warn about it if your bison is older, but the warning is easy to
miss in the voluminous configure chatter :-()