Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kus
Subject Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Date
List pgsql-general

On May 4, 2016 4:56:23 PM EDT, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
>I think there's something that we're going to have to accept, however,
>and that's that there are way more application coders than there are
>people who really get database systems.  Fixing this problem requires
>years of efforts.

I don't really get database systems. I remember this conversation with my professor who said we should use ASCII and
notUnicode because we won't need anything beyond the ASCII characters (this was on an Oracle database). As an
applicationdeveloper, I don't know how I'd keep up with the right way to do things(TM) as rdbms keep evolving.

:(