Re: [HACKERS] Typo in insert.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Typo in insert.sgml
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Peter Eisentraut
>> This was not a typo, this was intentional.

> To me, Julien's change seems to make it easier to understand, but
> maybe I'm misunderstanding what it's trying to say in the first place.

I think there are two subtly different things here: the sequence counters
will continue to be attached to the identity columns, and the counters
will continue in sequence (ie, no implied ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART).
The existing text seems to mean the latter but Julien's change makes it
about the former.

It could use rewording for clarity, just not this rewording.