Re: [BUGFIX] amcanbackward is not checked before building backward index paths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGFIX] amcanbackward is not checked before building backward index paths
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:41 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Perhaps there is a case for adding an additional flag to allow specifying
>> "I can't support ORDER BY DESC", but I'm not in a big hurry to do so.
>> I think there would be more changes than this needed to handle such a
>> restriction, anyway.

> OK, got it.  We'll probably propose a patch implementing that to the
> next commitfest.

If you do, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try to clarify the existing
code and docs around this point.  I'm thinking that amcanbackward is
misleadingly named; maybe we should rename it as part of the change?