Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX
Date
Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Creager <robert@logicalchaos.org> writes:
> On Mar 10, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What's really odd though is that there is nothing in the configuration
>> script that injects any of those switches.  I think you've got some
>> screwy global configuration on that machine, which you'd be well advised
>> to try to get rid of --- it's tough for people to do remote diagnosis of
>> buildfarm critters when there's relevant configuration that's not
>> exposed in the config script.

> No global config.  Changed the path around to have /opt/local after the standard Apple ones, and it appears to be
workingfine.  autoconf must be throwing in that path based on executables found?

I don't believe autoconf would insert such stuff on its own authority.
I'm wondering about CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS or similar variables being
set in the environment that the buildfarm script is running in.
Take a look at ~/.bash_profile and suchlike files.

(I wonder whether it'd be a good idea for the buildfarm script to
explicitly clear anything that autoconf pays attention to from its
startup environment, so that you have to set these variables in the
buildfarm config to make them have effect.  If not that, maybe print
"env" output to document what the situation is?)