Re: Syntax got translated - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Syntax got translated
Date
Re: Syntax got translated
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:15:34 -0300, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Susanne Ebrecht's message of s=C3=A1b feb 18 18:11:54 -0300
2012:
>=20
>> Output in German:
>> i      | integer | not null Vorgabewert nextval('t_i_seq'::regclass)
>>=20
>> Output in French:
>> i       | integer | non NULL Par d=C3=A9faut, nextval('t_i_seq'::regclas=
s)
>>=20
>> Output in Spanish:
>> i       | integer | not null valor por omisi=C3=B3n
>> nextval('t_i_seq'::regclass)
>>=20
>> I think that the constraint keyword "DEFAULT" should not be translated
>> here.
>> In my eyes in all cases it should output:
>>=20
>> i      | integer | not null default nextval('t_i_seq'::regclass)
>=20
> I'm not clear on this.  I translated it because it seemed sensible, but
> I remember stopping for a minute to consider it.  Maybe if more people
> thinks it should not be translated, we could remove the translatability
> marker from DEFAULT and other stuff like NOT NULL.  I'mnot sure
> however.  Just removing the translations from the existing catalogs is
> not enough, because future versions will just put them back.
>=20

I don't see why the modifiers shouldn't be translatable. It's not as if
they were intended to be copied and pasted in a query. They are here to
help the user understand the different modifiers in each column.

-1 to get rid of the translations.

--=20
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr