Re: partition question for new server setup - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Whit Armstrong
Subject Re: partition question for new server setup
Date
Re: partition question for new server setup
List pgsql-performance
Thanks, Scott.

Just to clarify you said:

> postgres.  So, my pg_xlog and all OS and logging stuff goes on the
> RAID-10 and the main store for the db goes on the RAID-10.

Is that meant to be that the pg_xlog and all OS and logging stuff go
on the RAID-1 and the real database (the
/var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main/base directory) goes on the RAID-10
partition?

This is very helpful.  Thanks for your feedback.

Additionally are there any clear choices w/ regard to filesystem
types?  Our choices would be xfs, ext3, or ext4.

Is anyone out there running ext4 on a production system?

-Whit