Re: [HACKERS] SUBSCRIPTIONS and pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SUBSCRIPTIONS and pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/13/17 12:11, Robert Haas wrote:
> I wonder if we should have an --no-subscriptions option, now that they
> are dumped by default, just like we have --no-blobs, --no-owner,
> --no-password, --no-privileges, --no-acl, --no-tablespaces, and
> --no-security-labels.  It seems like there is probably a fairly large
> use case for excluding subscriptions even if you have sufficient
> permissions to dump them.

What purpose would that serve in practice?  The subscriptions are now
dumped disabled, so if they hang around, there is not much impact.

Perhaps an option that also omits publications would make sense?

Or a general filtering facility based on the object tag?