Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
Date
Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?  (Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 07/23/2018 10:01 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> And the larger question is whether a patent free for use by software
> under any license can be used in a defensive way.  If not, it means we
> have no way forward here.

Isn't 'defensive', in patent-speak, used to mean 'establishing prior
art usable to challenge future patent claims by others on the same
technique'?

Is there any way that conditions of use, or lack of them, on an
existing patent, would make it unusable in that context?

-Chap