Re: Mail list manager request - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Mail list manager request
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Apr 2022, Kris Deugau wrote:

> At a not-entirely-wild guess, based on replies to your recent couple of
> posts, the messages that went astray were the direct mail copies that
> never passed through the list in the first place. I use an almost
> identical recipe myself (and a matching one for psql-admin) and I don't
> recall seeing stray mail since the list platform migration.

Kris,

That does seem to be the case. The most recent one was To: me and the mail
list, From: the sender. So I was not sent to only the mail list.

> I catch most of those direct-mail copies with this addition:
>
> :0
> * ^TO_pgsql-.*@(lists.)?postgresql.org
> $DEFAULT/.postgres/

Added here. Thanks.

> Personally, I try to keep mail to any of the lists I read purely on-list
> unless a personal CC has been explicitly asked for.

I have always responded to the list so others interested in the thread can
see all messages.

Regards,

Rich