Ответ: [BUGS] reproducable command sequence to get "mdopen: Couldn't open..." - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mikheev, Vadim
Subject Ответ: [BUGS] reproducable command sequence to get "mdopen: Couldn't open..."
Date
List pgsql-bugs
    >>Making ALTER TABLE RENAME abort-safe requires changing the
conventions
    >>for naming physical table files, and the details have been
sufficiently
    >>controversial that it's not been done yet.  In the meantime our
only
    >>choices are to forbid ALTER TABLE RENAME within transaction
blocks, or
    >>allow it with the knowledge that people can shoot themselves in
the foot
    >>with it.  The above warning notice is the current compromise.
    >
    > Is it going to be in 7.1? If not, it might be worth disabling in
TX blocks
    > since a mistyped SQL query can cause an aborted transaction,
something that
    > is somewhat counter-intuitive. Maybe the message should be
expanded to say:

    Just couple days ago I've said that right now I implement
    new file naming because of this is required by WAL. As additional
    result ALTER TABLE RENAME will not rename files any more and so will
    be rollback-able. Please wait ~ 1 day -:)

    Vadim