RE: Status of new relation file naming - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mikheev, Vadim
Subject RE: Status of new relation file naming
Date
RE: Status of new relation file naming
List pgsql-hackers

> > Rename... Why would we need in rename with OID filenames?
>
> Andreas seems to refer to in place replacement of OID files e.g.
> using your *relink*.

Sorry, I've messed things for myself.

Ok. In short, I vote for UNIQUE_ID (unrelated to pg_class.oid) file names.
I think that it's better to implement this (but neither OID nor OID.VERSION)
right now
because of this is like what we'll have in new smgr -
tablespace_id.relation_file_node.
Pg_class' OID is kind of logical things, totaly unrelated to the issue
how/where to
store relation file.

Please comment ASAP.

Vadim