RE: automatic restore point - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yotsunaga, Naoki
Subject RE: automatic restore point
Date
List pgsql-hackers

disappears.So, when the table B is dropped, automatic restore point works. In the table A, automatic restore point does
notwork.

>So, it is difficult to implement that automatic restore point in postgresql by default.
>Is my interpretation right?

I want to hear about the following in addition to the previous comment.
What would you do if your customer dropped the table and asked you to restore it?
Everyone is thinking what to do to avoid operation failure, but I’m thinking about after the user’s failure.
What I mean is that not all users will set up in advance.
For example, if you make the settings described in the manual, you will not drop the table by operation failure.
However,not all users do that setting.

For such users, I think that it is necessary to have a function to easily restore data after failing operation without
settinganything in advance.

So I proposed this function.

---
Naoki Yotsunaga