Re: replay doesn't catch up with receive on standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steven Parkes
Subject Re: replay doesn't catch up with receive on standby
Date
List pgsql-general
> Did you run query on the standby?

Yup. Both standbys. They both responded the same way.

> If yes, I guess that query conflict prevented
> the reply location from advancing.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/hot-standby.html#HOT-STANDBY-CONFLICT

The standbys were idle and this was a persistent state. I restarted the standbys and they stayed in this state. Am I
missingsomething? I thought these conflicts were related to queries against the standbys but there shouldn't have been
anythat I'm aware. Certainly none should survive a restart ...

Am I missing something about the conflict?

It also seems notable that a new commit on the master cleared the issue ... Does that seem like the hot standby
conflictcase?