Re: A single escape required for log_filename - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Williamson
Subject Re: A single escape required for log_filename
Date
List pgsql-hackers
writes:<br/> > >> When I set it up, it automatically appended the time so I got:<br /> > >>
postgresql.log.1231878270<br/> > >> That seems a bit, well wrong. If I say I want postgresql.log I should<br
/>> >> get postgresql.log.<br /> > ><br /> > > You'd probably reconsider around the time the log
filefilled your disk.<br /> > > You really *don't* want a single fixed filename, you want some kind of<br /> >
>insist on a particular fixed filename.<br /><br /> Indeed ... some of us have scripts that count on a given name.
Fiddlingthem to look for the most recent seems like an unwarranted bit of busy work. Or am I missing something ? If I
attachments,is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information
andmust be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of