Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml
Date
Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-docs
> On 2019-09-23 13:08, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
>> While translating Release Notes for version 12 I found some
>> inconsistencies with contributor names.

> We had discussed this in previous years and resolved that we use the
> forms that these individuals use when posting to these mailing lists, in
> whichever order they prefer.  So as far as I'm concerned, the forms
> listed in the release notes for PG10 and PG11 are canonical and should
> continue to be used.

I have no strong feelings either way, so feel free to undo whatever
you think should be undone.

I have noted that many of our Japanese contributors show a different name
order in their From: line than in their signature/footer, so it's not
entirely clear which preference they're expressing.

            regards, tom lane