Re: [GENERAL] BST Time Zone Discrepancy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: [GENERAL] BST Time Zone Discrepancy
Date
Re: [GENERAL] BST Time Zone Discrepancy  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Tom,

Thank you for your reply:
On 2/6/2017 12:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

This is controlled by the timezone_abbreviations file, which if
you haven't changed it lists:

# CONFLICT! BST is not unique
# Other timezones:
#  - BST: Bougainville Standard Time (Papua New Guinea)
BST      3600 D  # British Summer Time                #     (Europe/London)
I haven't changed any of the config files.  I can not find that file on my system (maybe it's in the source code only).

I am using the Red Hat distribution:  PostgreSQL 9.6.1 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-4), 64-bit

pg_timezone_names shows the *current* abbreviation for the zone in question
I'm not sure what you mean by "current".  If this is not an issue then that's fine, you can ignore this message.  It just seemed weird to me that pg_timezone_names and pg_timezone_abbrevs showed very different results for the same code.

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org