Re: [GENERAL] BST Time Zone Discrepancy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] BST Time Zone Discrepancy
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/06/2017 12:44 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Thank you for your reply:
>
> On 2/6/2017 12:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is controlled by the timezone_abbreviations file, which if
>> you haven't changed it lists:
>>
>> # CONFLICT! BST is not unique
>> # Other timezones:
>> #  - BST: Bougainville Standard Time (Papua New Guinea)
>> BST      3600 D  # British Summer Time
>>                  #     (Europe/London)
> I haven't changed any of the config files.  I can not find that file on
> my system (maybe it's in the source code only).

timezone_abbreviations is actually a setting in postgresql.conf. The
file Tom is referring to is the file that setting points to, by default
that is Default. This is a file in the Postgres share/timezonesets
directory. A do not use RH so I am not sure where that directory lives.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com