Re: [Erserver-general] alternate eRServer build - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Rawnsley
Subject Re: [Erserver-general] alternate eRServer build
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 03:03 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:43:54PM -0400, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:
>>
>> This is to announce an alternate fork/build of the eRServer 1.2 code
>> base, provided to the community for testing purposes. If
>> everything works out fine, and the Powers That Be approve, we can work
>> on moving some of it to the main distribution. This is a
>> first release, so be warned.
>
> The patches are also in the "patch" area (assuming they're the same)
> of the erserver pages.
>
> I'm a little leery of applying these, because as they are, they will
> almost certainly break pre-7.3 systems.  What are people's feelings
> about that?  Should we just accept that, as 7.2 is now officially
> deprecated, we need not support it?

I wouldn't recommend applying them yet, either. I would like to let
people kick the stuff around for a while. I
can't claim exhaustive testing on it, and don't want to embarrass
myself too much...

Actually, it won't break pre-7.3 systems. I managed to pack it all into
one distribution with a setup option for no schema support.
I have tested it against 7.3.4 and 7.2.4. Even 7.3.4 replicating to
7.2.4.