Re: packages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: packages
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general@empires.org> writes:
> Does this mean, perhaps, that package support is planned for the 7.3 release
> (which includes schemas), or is it too involved to add at this stage? Is my
> understanding correct? Do the developers even agree that packages should
> exist?

The original package patch was rejected on the grounds that it covered
too much of the same territory as schemas.  Now that we actually have
schema support (mostly) in there, I wouldn't object to considering
whether some subset of package functionality still makes sense to add
in.  Whether that'll actually happen for 7.3 is anyone's guess; there's
been no sign of any discussion or work about it.

            regards, tom lane