Re: configure's checks for --enable-tap-tests are insufficient - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure's checks for --enable-tap-tests are insufficient
Date
Re: configure's checks for --enable-tap-tests are insufficient  (ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker))
List pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 19 March 2018 at 23:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> ... much excavation finds a complaint about Time::HiRes not being installed

> That's absurd. Time::HiRes is a core module, as is Test::More. Sigh.

> Yes, looks like tests are necessary. I'd argue it's "test for broken Perl"
> but apparently Fedora think they should split the Perl core dist into tiny
> pieces.

FWIW, the package boundaries are the same on RHEL6, and probably long
before that.  It's possible that Red Hat have trimmed back which packages
they consider part of a basic Perl installation.  I don't have any data
on whether that's moved over time, but it wouldn't surprise me given
the long-term shifts in Fedora's orientation.