Re: Managing International Sites - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Damien Clochard
Subject Re: Managing International Sites
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 28.11.2017 22:20, Jonathan S. Katz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> When going through an unrelated audit of the site contact, I was
> looking at our International Site page here:
>
>  https://www.postgresql.org/community/international/
>
> …and when going through the links, noticed a bunch of the sites were
> either dead, unsupported, or placeholders, including:
>
>  * Chinese (Simplified)
>  * Cubana
>  * Español (all 3 listed)
>  * Greek
>  * Italiano (Associazione Italian PostgreSQL Users Group)
>
> Additionally, others sites have not been updated for at least a year.
>
> Before removing the dead links, I wanted to raise the following:
>
>  1.  Do the maintainers need to update the URLs? If so please contact
> me ASAP.  I would like to remove them by the end of the week.
>  2.  Do we feel that the international sites still provide value to
> the community at large?  This is mainly to solicit feedback and not
> start a fight.  Personally I am happy for us to monitor the sites (see
> point #3), but I want to ensure that these sites help drive adoption
> and usage of Postgres.
>  3.  If we are going to continue having the international sites as a
> feature, we need some community guidelines similar to what we setup
> for the NPOs and community events.  I would be happy to take charge on
> that if there are no objections.

1. The link to the French speaking website should be
https://www.postgresql.fr/ ( instead of http://www.postgresqlfr.org/ )

2. Yes the French websites provides values to the community ! We have a
forum, a blog, the documentation, a wiki, etc... I think it'd be
interesting to add more links between the .org sites and the .fr sites.
For instances, it would be cool if every documentation page had a link
to the similar page in the French documentation, allowing readers to
switch easily between the original version and their own language

3. The postgresql.fr domain and the hosting service are paid by the
PostgreSQLFr association. The sysadmin team that operates it is open and
autonomous. The PostgreSQLfr association also holds most of the social
networks accounts (twitter, G+, linkedin, youtube, etc.) with another
dedicated team to manage those accounts. Lats year,  we defined a set of
guidelines regarding the use of these accounts (link below) and we'd be
happy to share our experience :

https://www.postgresql.fr/asso/charte_des_outils_de_communication

--
Damien Clochard