Re: Correct implementation of 1:n relationship with n>0? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Anton Gavazuk
Subject Re: Correct implementation of 1:n relationship with n>0?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve because it's not clear...

There are 2 types of relationships which might be used in your case:

1) unidirectional relationship from list_item to list through foreign
key on list
2) bidirectional relationship implemented through join table which
contains references between both tables

These are pretty standard  generic techniques applied many times and
don't require any "programming"

Thanks,
Anton