Re: [BUGS] BUG #14643: Fails to compile with LibreSSL >= 2.5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14643: Fails to compile with LibreSSL >= 2.5.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 5/4/17, 2:55 PM, "Tom Lane" <pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
   Mikael Kjellström <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu> writes:   > On 2017-05-04 21:35, Tom Lane wrote:   >> I'm guessing
thatPawel is working with a bleeding-edge LibreSSL that   >> has adopted API changes similar to OpenSSL 1.1.0.  The
questionnow   >> is whether they're similar enough that our current code will work.   >> As I said, it'd be nice to
findout this week not next week ...      > There is a libressl-devel-2.5.2 available in the packages system that I    >
couldtry and switch to if you want?  Don't know if that is new enough    > for matching OpenSSL 1.1.0 API-changes
though.     Pawel specifies in $subject that you need 2.5.3 or later; if that's   accurate, 2.5.2 wouldn't show the
problem.     In any case, if loach is still representative of what a lot of FreeBSD   people would be running, I'd
counselleaving it alone.  Perhaps somebody   could set up another buildfarm animal with latest-n-greatest LibreSSL.
            regards, tom lane
For the record, if y’all need something recent on FreeBSD, let me know.  I’m now a ports committer there.
I also have enough horsepower at home to run an animal or 2 if you have a specific need/want.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281