running pgagent - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Seb
Subject running pgagent
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

I'm looking for advice on how to run pgagent.  IIUC, once I've setup the
jobs in pgAdmin, then we have to ensure that the pgagent daemon is
running.  So I guess pgagent should be run from a system init script.
But firts I'd like to check how it runs from a shell.  What user should
I run pgagent as?  Should only one pgagent daemon be run just on the
postgres database?  I have a single server (localhost) which has the
postgres database as the maintenance.

On a related note, I cannot select any starting date when the combo box
comes up for the starting date of a step in a job.  I'm using pgAdmin3
version 1.10.1, Debian sid package.  Thanks.

--
Seb