Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 ?? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jason Earl
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 ??
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <thomas@fourpalms.org> writes:

> Agreed.
>
> > For PostgreSQL to achieve its real potential, the game must be played.
>
> Hmm. Would "PostgreSQL version (Oracle + 1)i" be too transparent? ;)
>
>                   - Thomas

I think that it makes better sense than PostgreSQL XP.  Whatever
"marketing" you guys plan to do make sure you mix in a vowel or two.

Personally I would promote the idea of going "all out" and naming the
new version of PostgreSQL something like:

PostgreSQL 2002i XP Anywhere eDatabase-O-Matic.NET

This might require a change in the MP3 pronunciation file, and you
probably wouldn't want to make the name change official until you
bumped up the maximum column length.

Jason