Re: off-topic: SPAM - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: off-topic: SPAM
Date
List pgsql-www
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:

> 'k, just checked and yes, we have blocked one Brazil domain in the past because
> of this issue:
>
> subscribe
> deny,  reason="uol.com.br requires non-spam confirmation .. "
> /@uol.com.br/i || /Moniquechristien@cs.com/i
>
> So we could add similar ... but, the question comes back to if they have a spam
> confirmation required, how is email getting to them in order to subscribe them
> in the first place?  The only way I can think of is that this is a feature that
> has been added *since* they registered ...

What does uol.com.br have to do with infotecnica.com.br? Are you sure this
wasn't a similar but unrelated case?

Another possible answer to the question is that someone was frustrated by the
ban and subscribed at a different address then forwarded the mail.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's On-Demand Production
Tuning