Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off
Date
List pgsql-general
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/8/07, Bill Bartlett <bbartlett@softwareanalytics.com> wrote:
>>
>>  (But I'm still not going to post the problem I've been
>> hitting recently running Postgres 7.4.1 on a SuSE 9.0 box -- somehow I
>> think the first few responses might be "get OFF that version".
>> [Hopefully will upgrade very soon, but can't just yet on that specific
>> machine.  Meanwhile it's a production server so I'll just have to deal
>> with it...])

Why can't you? We're talking about order of 5 minutes downtime in exchange you
avoid the risk of several data loss, data corruption, server cash, and
security holes.

Actually there are a few changes in 7.4.x that could require more work to
upgrade. If your database locale is something like Hungarian or if you have
invalidly encoded UTF8 strings in your database you might have some issues
having upgraded.

--
  Gregory Stark