Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Cross
Subject Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Date
List pgsql-general
Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> writes:

> On 4/11/21 11:16 AM, Ron wrote:
>> If my software requires zlib, and I link to https://zlib.net/ on my page, then
>> your logic absolutely means that I'm responsible for supporting zlib.
>
> Let's clarify "support" in this context. If you link to zlib.net, you are not
> responsible for zlib itself. But if for whatever reason that link breaks, you
> are to some degree responsible for giving a user (who tried to follow that link)
> a helping hand where to find what you linked to now.
>
> The OP did precisely that. Asking for help because a link didn't work. And I
> think it was perfectly appropriate to ask here.

I agree, especially given the postgres pages are not explicit/clear that
the download link is a 3rd party link. The OPs question was quite
reasonable and all that was required was to point them to EDB for
assistance. Thankfully, a number of community members did politely do
this and I'm sure the OP was appreciative for the pointers. It has also
highlighted an area for possible clarification/improvement on the
postgres.org site.

--
Tim Cross