Re: Insert or Replace or \copy (bulkload) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Insert or Replace or \copy (bulkload)
Date
List pgsql-general
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> writes:
>> Ps : Is it this list's norm to have the OP/sender in the "to" list and
>> mailing list on the "CC" list?
>
> Yes.  If you don't like that you can try including a "Reply-To: <list>"
> header in what you send to the list; or perhaps better, I think there's
> a way to tell the list bot to not send you copies of messages you're
> cc'd on.

Beware that setting Reply-To is actually "incorrect". It will cause people who
think they're sending you private email to unexpectedly send their private
mail to the list.

There's a correct header to set, I think Mail-Followup-To or something like
that. But sadly not all mail readers support it.

> I for one have a reputation of running spam filters that eat pets and small
> children ... so if you want to be sure to get through to me, don't forget to
> cc: the list.

They eat all my emails, but I'm sure that's intentional :)

--
  Gregory Stark