Re: Insert or Replace or \copy (bulkload) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Insert or Replace or \copy (bulkload)
Date
List pgsql-general
Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> writes:
> Ps : Is it this list's norm to have the OP/sender in the "to" list and
> mailing list on the "CC" list?

Yes.  If you don't like that you can try including a "Reply-To: <list>"
header in what you send to the list; or perhaps better, I think there's
a way to tell the list bot to not send you copies of messages you're
cc'd on.  But the old-timers are all accustomed to this behavior.  The
PG lists are big enough that turnaround time is O(minutes) even when
everything is going well, and sometimes it isn't --- so direct cc's to
the people involved in a specific thread help keep the conversation
moving.

Also, some of us find a backup copy sent via the list to be a Good
Thing.  I for one have a reputation of running spam filters that eat
pets and small children ... so if you want to be sure to get through
to me, don't forget to cc: the list.

            regards, tom lane