Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
The world rejoiced as kaare@jasonic.dk (Kaare Rasmussen) wrote:
>> - Perl users usually depend on DBI; an "attack" on DBI could make
>>   PostgreSQL "less usable" for them.
>
> How do you see an attack on DBI could be possible? AFAIK DBI has the same
> license as Perl, is released on CPAN and i behaving like any other CPAN
> module.

If Oracle hired off all the people that have worked on the DBI
implementation, that would make it troublesome for a team to emerge to
continue to support it.  There would be a "learning curve" period, at
the very least...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'gmail.com';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/lsf.html