Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error
Date
List pgsql-general
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>>> (Rather than trying to browbeat configure into doing this, I'd suggest
>>> manually adjusting CFLAGS in src/Makefile.global, then "make clean" and
>>> rebuild.)
>
>> eh? either of these should work fine:
>>  ./configure --enable-debug CFLAGS=-O0
>>  CFLAGS=-O0 ./configure --enable-debug
>
> The trouble with that approach is that it overrides *everything* that
> configure would normally put into CFLAGS.  I only want one thing
> changing, please ... this is confusing enough already.

Eh?

$ ./configure
configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wendif-labels-fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv
configure: using CPPFLAGS= -D_GNU_SOURCE
configure: using LDFLAGS=  -Wl,--as-needed

$ ./configure CFLAGS=-O0
configure: using CFLAGS=-O0 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement

--
  Gregory Stark