Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> You can use "filterdiff -v --format=context".
>
> Cool, I'll have to get a copy of that.

Huh, I hadn't heard of that either. The Debian package patchutils says it was
downloaded from:

http://cyberelk.net/tim/data/patchutils

What's really cool is that patchutils also appears to have the utility I've
been looking for for a while: a tool to view the differences between two
diffs!

>> Because it's easy to convert from one to another, I think the unified
>> vs. context diff issue is a non-issue.
>
> Fair enough then; we should just change the policy.

It would be cool if the mail list software (optionally) automatically stripped
out diffs and replaced them with links to download the diff in either unified
or context format from the mail archives.