Re: [PERFORM] Odd sudden performance degradation related to temp object churn - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Odd sudden performance degradation related to temp object churn
Date
List pgsql-performance
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Jeremy Finzel <finzelj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This particular db is on 9.3.15.  Recently we had a serious performance
>> degradation related to a batch job that creates 4-5 temp tables and 5
>> indexes.  It is a really badly written job but what really confuses us is
>> that this job has been running for years with no issue remotely approaching
>> this one.  We are also using pgpool.
>
> Did you happen to notice that this occurred when you upgrading point
> release? If so, what version did you move from/to?

The system was last started back in November.  Running 9.3.15.

Not aware of any host system libs or whatever change recently but will investigate.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting