Re: Open 7.3 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Open 7.3 issues
Date
Re: Open 7.3 issues  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>     remove interfaces/ssl if not improved
>
> I am ready to yank this.

Agreed.

>     integrate or remove new libpqxx
>     integrate or add to gborg Pg:DBD
>
> Seems like gborg is the place for these.

Yes, but I'd also like to see libpq++, perl5, and possibly some other
interfaces re-packaged separately. I think everyone agrees on the
direction here, it just needs someone (Marc?) to do the work.

>     allow specification of configuration files in a different directory?
>
> Anyone working on this?

Not sure we need this for 7.3 -- unless (a) someone steps up to do the
work (b) there is some consensus on the design, I don't have a problem
with letting this wait for 7.4

>     Allow PL/PgSQL functions to return sets
>
> Is anyone working on this?

I am. It should be ready in time for 7.3.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>