Re: SSL confirmation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Seltenreich
Subject Re: SSL confirmation
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew M. writes:

> this what I get when I issue the openssl command:
>
> 6521:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
> failure:s23_lib.c:226:
>
> could you explain what this means if you know?

I'm afraid, I think my suggestion to use openssl's s_client with the
postmaster's builtin SSL support was bogus, since Magnus Hagander
writes in an older message: "SSL is not enabled at connection time in
pgsql - it is negotiatied with the postmaster, and enabled later."

<URL:http://groups.google.de/groups?as_umsgid=81124B76C0CF364EBAC6CD213ABEDEF71D3095%40ARGON.edu.sollentuna.se>

So using the openssl tools won't help here.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Andreas