Re: Breaking national language support in Solaris 8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Breaking national language support in Solaris 8
Date
List pgsql-general

> This will, however, only work with GNU Gettext (as used in Linux and BSD
> distributions) and Solaris 9 or later, and it is not easy to provide a backward
> compatible mode.

Eh? I thought it was trivial to provide a backward compatible mode which is
just as good as the existing code. Just use regular gettext on the two strings
separately and pick the right one based on the English rule.

--
  Gregory Stark