Re: Tool for data modeling and ER diagram - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Tool for data modeling and ER diagram
Date
List pgsql-general
gwchamb@gmail.com (Gary Chambers) writes:
>> What is the best tool of data modeling and ER diagram for PostgreSQL.
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GUI_Database_Design_Tools
>
> Although it may not be considered a tool for use in the design (per
> se) of a database, I would highly recommend that SchemaSpy
> (http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/) be added to the list.

I have added TCM to the list...
   http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~tcm/

I use it quite a lot when designing things.  It makes no attempt to do
automagic mapping of diagrams onto physical implementation, but when
trying to deal with reasonably deep modelling issues (e.g. - trying to
figure out what are the entities and what are the relationships between
them), the full detail of schemas of tables seem like a distraction.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html