Re: Compiling C Extension Functions against PostgreSQL 12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Compiling C Extension Functions against PostgreSQL 12
Date
List pgsql-general

 TalGloz> Which is good, my seal_mean_cxx_v2.so being created and copied
 TalGloz> to /usr/pgsql-12/lib/. But right after that I get this and it
 TalGloz> doesn't seem to effect my seal_mean_cxx_v2.so library:

What's happening here is that it's attempting to build LLVM bitcode
files for your library for the benefit of the JIT compiler that exists
in recent postgres versions - without these files, your extension
functions cannot be inlined into generated code.

This requires that your code be compilable using clang (as well as gcc
if that's what was used to build PG itself), and there's clearly some
disagreement going on between clang and your system header files that's
causing the failure.

I didn't see an easy way of disabling bitcode emission for a module,
though I think that has been discussed before.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)