Re: Compiling C Extension Functions against PostgreSQL 12 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From TalGloz
Subject Re: Compiling C Extension Functions against PostgreSQL 12
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Gierth wrote

> glozmantal@

> > writes:
>
>  TalGloz> Which is good, my seal_mean_cxx_v2.so being created and copied
>  TalGloz> to /usr/pgsql-12/lib/. But right after that I get this and it
>  TalGloz> doesn't seem to effect my seal_mean_cxx_v2.so library:
>
> What's happening here is that it's attempting to build LLVM bitcode
> files for your library for the benefit of the JIT compiler that exists
> in recent postgres versions - without these files, your extension
> functions cannot be inlined into generated code.
>
> This requires that your code be compilable using clang (as well as gcc
> if that's what was used to build PG itself), and there's clearly some
> disagreement going on between clang and your system header files that's
> causing the failure.
>
> I didn't see an easy way of disabling bitcode emission for a module,
> though I think that has been discussed before.
>
> --
> Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Will the absence of LLVM bit-code files effect the functionality of my
"seal_mean_cxx_v2.so" library in Postgresql12 or I just won't benefit from
Postgres JIT compiler (postgresql12-llvmjit package)? The
"seal_mean_cxx_v2.so" was enough to use with Postgres 10.

All the errors occurring for the llvm compilation part relate to the
Microsoft SEAL <https://github.com/microsoft/SEAL>   library that my
seal_mean_cxx_v2.cpp uses. Since it is a third party library then maybe I
should post the errors output there and see what they have to say about
it...

Best regerds,
TalGloz

--