Re: Book recommendation? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Book recommendation?
Date
List pgsql-general
herouth@unicell.co.il (Herouth Maoz) writes:
> As a result of my recent encounter with table bloat and other tuning
> issues I've been running into, I'm looking for a good resource for
> improving my tuning skills.
>
> My sysadmin ran into the following book:
>
> PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance, by Gregory Smith, ISBN 184951030X
> http://amzn.com/184951030X
>
> Which covers versions 8.1 through 9.
>
> Any opinions on this book? Other suggestions?

It's the best thing in that vein that is available, and is rather good.

The only thing that's *somewhat* comparable is _PostgreSQL_ by Korry
Douglas & Susan Douglas, which, alas, is now 7 years old, and thus
rather dated.  It was the one reference that had substantive material on
query planning, though that's likely somewhat less relevant to you.

You should certainly take a look at Greg Smith's book.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/finances.html