Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net> writes:

> If your software is locking a file for that long, that software is more
> than just broken, it's horribly broken. Having a workaround against
> something that might happen once or twice because of a bug in the other
> software is one thing, but if it's actually *designed* to do that you
> really need to get that software removed from your machine.

I was under the impression though that this was just how open worked on
windows. Only one process can have a file open at the same time.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!